Tuesday 21 June 2016

June Birch Box Review





I was actually pretty excited when I unboxed this months Birch Box, the 'Paradise Found' theme really added some sunshine to my day with its bright colours and palm tree & pineapple pattern, I also really loved this months new box design with its little draw instead of the usual pull-string bag, really kinda hope they stick with this design because I definitely prefer it.




This month products


Jelly Pong Pong
Paradise Pigments in Cake Pop | RRP £17.95


What Birch box says:
"This more-subtle-than-it-looks pigment pot is the perfect way to inject some colour into your makeup routine. It blends out beautifully to add a pop of colour to the lips and cheeks and can be built up for bolder colour"

My Opinion:
To be honest I was a little reluctant to try another product from Jelly Pong Pong as I had tried a mascara from that brand previously that caused my eyelashes to turn all short and stumpy ( great look I know) but I thought I'd give it a go as it is a different product and I felt pretty sure it wouldn't have that effect on my lips. The product smells gorgeous and goes on really smooth when applied to the lips, however I didn't really like it on my cheeks, the shade was okay but I guess I just prefer a powder blush.


Rating:
3/5



Percy & Reed
Reassuringly Firm Session Hold Hairspray | RRP £12







What Birch box says:

"Trying to perfect those Pinterest-inspired braids? This ultra fine, humidity- resistant spray is free of that crunchy feeling - so restyle away if your heart desires".

My Opinion:
Its a bit of an unnecessarily long name for a hairspray if you ask me, and all that about it being non-crunchy is a load of poo coz it was crunchy, but it helped my hair stay nicely in place and didn't have a strong nasty smell so it was pretty alright.

Rating:
3/5


James Read
Overnight Tan - Sleep Mask Face Tan | RRP £25




What Birch box says:
"If faking a tan can feel like a chore then think of this as your fuss-free alternative. Created to do its work while you snooze, the fast- drying formula goes on colourless (to avoid the risk of it staining your pillow) and develops into a golden glow overnight"

My Opinion:
I was pretty impressed with this product, it smelt lovely and did indeed dry pretty fast and when I checked it later ( I must confess I didn't sleep in it) I had a subtle golden glow to my face.


Rating:
4/5


Benefit Cosmetics
Air Patrol BB Cream Eyelid primer | RRP £21.50



What Birch box says:
"Between battling sunlight and pollution, plus your routine, your eyes go through a lot in a day. This formula will show them some TLC - It protects, primes, and colour corrects lids, while keeping the delicate eye area nourished "

My Opinion:
This primer was pretty nice to apply but to be honest it does what a lot of eye primers do, keeps more makeup in place, creates a nice base to apply eye shadow but I don't feel like it did much more than that.


Rating:
3/5




Whish
Coconut Milk CC Body Cream | £21.50



What Birch box says:
"Summer's arrival means it's time for your skin to take centre stage and you cant go wrong with this all-natural lotion! The fast-absorbing formula will hydrate and bronze you from tip to toe while treating your skin to nourishment too."

My Opinion:
This was my favourite item in this months box, it smells amazing, It smells like summer! It goes on really smooth and spreads really well. The formula has a very subtle sparkle to it which is perfect for sunny days because your skin will light up giving you a gorgeous glow.



Rating:
4/5


What did you think of this month Birch box?

Are there any products you're curious to try?

Let me know in the comments,

until next time,





|      Instagram       |        Twitter          |       Google +      |




1 comment:

  1. Great review! So glad that jelly pong pong pigment worked out a bit better than that mascara your tried!

    thesixthdisneyprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete